- If we want to book what is the procedure?
After obtaining details of your requirements we will send through our confirmation. A $500 deposit is required secure the booking. Balance of payment is required 10 working days prior to the charter.
- Do we get a refund of the deposit if we cancel?
If cancellation is made 8 weeks prior to the charter date we will refund in full. If cancellation is made less than 8 weeks prior to the charter date the deposit is forfeited.
- Are there any other costs involved?
Some wharves in the city region incur a wharfage fee which will be added to your charter cost. Any optional extras provided are at additional cost.
- Are there Terms and Conditions?
Yes – we ask that you read, sign and return the Terms and Conditions prior to the charter.
- Is there a Security Bond?
Yes, we require a credit card number and expiration date to be held on file. It will not be charged unless there is damage to the vessel. If you do not have a credit card, we will accept $1,000 cash which will be returned to you after the charter, provided our Terms and Conditions are adhered to.
- Can we inspect the vessels?
Yes, we encourage clients to inspect the boats prior to booking.
- Where and when can we inspect the vessels?
Vessels can be inspected at our base in McMahons Point. We suggest you phone to arrange a suitable time to ensure the vessel is available. Inspection times are 9.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Weekend inspection are only possible when crew are at the base preparing for a charter and times are very specific – the crew will not have a great deal of time to spend with you as they have other duties to perform in preparation for the charter – most questions should be taken up with the office staff during the week.
- How long are the charters?
A minimum of 2 hours, customized to your requirements.
- What does the charter time include?
The charter time begins at the first pick up and ends at the last set down.
- Can the time be extended?
Additional time may be available at short notice; however this is always at the Captain’s discretion and availability of the vessel and crew.
- Who is responsible for providing bins, etc for rubbish? Do customer have to provide bins, etc for our rubbish and do they have to take the rubbish off the vessel at the end of the charter?
Rosman Cruises is responsible for providing bins, etc for the rubbish and will take the rubbish off of the vessel at the end of the charter.
- Who is responsible to clean the boat?
Rosman Cruises is responsible for cleaning the vessel and it is included as part of the vessel hire.
- The Charter has a large group – are children counted in the maximum number of passengers permitted on the vessel?
Yes, we are required by law to count every person boarding the vessel, including babies.
- Is there wheelchair access?
Yes. We should be advised prior to the event so that the appropriate gangway is taken – crew will assist the wheelchair passenger/s to board the ferry. Due to the era our vessels were built the toilets on board are not wheelchair friendly.
- Is there a first aid kit on board?
Yes, all our crew have a current first aid certificate as required for their certification.
- Does Rosman Cruises have appropriate insurance?
Yes, a certificate of Currency can be emailed on request.
- Is there electricity on the vessels?
Proclaim, Royale, Radar and Regal have electricity. The amount of power provided varies on the vessel. Lithgow has no power.
- Can shoes with heels be worn on board?
Yes, heels are permitted on board.
- Can the vessel be anchored and guests swim off of the boat?
No, it is illegal for guests to swim off of the vessel.
- Can customers supply their own drinks?
Yes, 3 of our vessels are BYO – Radar, Regal and Lithgow. However customers may BYO on Proclaim and Royale at an extra cost of $100 p/h. The bar will be CLOSED, and trestle tables provided to serve drinks. Proclaim and Royale have a liquor licence and a full bar. (Please note: Bartender is not included on Proclaim and Royale where BYO is required. Bartenders can be supplied at a cost of $75 p/h.
- Where do customers load on drinks for BYO vessels?
For BYO vessels, we encourage customers to bring their drinks down to our base at McMahons Point, a maximum of 5 working days prior to the charter during office hours (M-F 9-5). Our staff will load the drinks onto the vessel and put them in tubs over ice, the cost of ice is $4.50/5kg bag. Alternately, drinks can be loaded at the first pick-up at the designated wharf (if you do not want the drinks to be loaded with your guests, we can make the first pick-up a different location than your guests, then proceed to pick up your guests).
- Can customers load on drinks from the Rosman Cruises base?
No, only our crew can load items onto the vessel at our base for safety/insurance issues.
- Will the BYO vessel go back to the loading wharf after the charter?
If you would like the vessel to go back to a designated wharf, please let us know and we will build it into your charter time. Otherwise, the vessel will go back to McMahons Point. At McMahons Point drinks will be unloaded and stored in our locked shed, all care will be taken, but we do not take responsibility. You may pick up the leftover drinks on the first working day after your charter between 9.30am – 4.30pm.
- Can Rosman Cruises provide bar staff on the non-licensed vessels?
Yes. Barperson’s can be provided at a cost of $75 p/h per bar staff.
- How do customers chill their drinks on the non licensed vessels?
Large tubs can be supplied to store drinks. You may purchase ice if required at $4.50/5kg bag (Min 10 working days notice required).
- Can customers sell drinks on the non-licensed boats?
You can only sell drinks if you have obtained a Limited License, Single Function from the NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing (must be lodged 28 days prior to the event). We require a copy of the approved license prior to the charter and also the RSA certificate of the person who will be serving the drinks. “Selling drinks” also includes tickets sold for the boat where alcohol is included in the ticket price. If you are not selling drinks then you do not need a license.
- What options do customers have on the licensed vessels Proclaim and Royale?
Beverage packages, bar tabs and cash bars are available at request. Each of these options can be applied to a limited bar (beer, wine and soft drink) or full open bar (including spirits).
- Are children permitted on vessels with a Liquor Licence?
Yes, provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Is glassware provided?
On the BYO vessels, all cups are to be supplied by the client. On the licensed vessels, disposable cups are provided. If you would like to hire glassware (wine, flutes or high ball glasses), they are available for hire at $1/glass ($4/broken glass).
- Can Rosman Cruises provide catering?
Yes, we have a variety of menus from hot/cold buffet, canapés and finger foods, BBQ menus (Proclaim only), and gourmet platters. For a copy of the catering menu, please contact one of our friendly staff.
- Can customers bring their own catering or do they have to use Rosman Cruises caterers?
We can certainly provide catering, however you are able to self cater on all of our vessels if preferred.
- What is on board if the customer supplies their own catering?
The vessel is hired on a bareboat basis. Therefore, you would have to provide everything yourself e.g. plates, cutlery, etc. Proclaim is the only vessel with a gallery. It has a large bench area and a sink.
- Where do customers load catering?
Caterers are welcome to load at McMahons Point, but please note that caterers must use street parking, as the gates to the yard are closed. Also, depending on the tide, it may be difficult to load at McMahons Point because we do not have a floating pontoon, so it may be several ladder steps down to the vessel. Alternately, catering can be loaded at the first pick-up at the designated wharf (if you do not want the catering to be loaded with your guests, we can make the first pick-up a different location than your guests, then proceed to pick up your guests).
- Will the vessel go back to the loading wharf after the charter?
If you would like the vessel to go back to a designated wharf, please let us know and we will build it into your charter time. Otherwise, the vessel will go back to McMahons Point. Caterers are welcome to unload at McMahons Point after the event; we cannot store catering equipment overnight. Please keep in mind that your vehicle will not be able to get into the yard to load.
- Does Rosman Cruises have a microwave on board?
No, but if required, you are welcome to bring one. There is plenty of household power on board (with the exception of Lithgow).
- Can customers BBQ on the boat?
No, Proclaim is the only vessel with a built in BBQ on board, however the BBQ may only be operated by a staff member. We do not allow any open flame to be used on all the other vessels.
- The customer has a very limited budget – can Rosman Cruises suggest catering?
Pizzas are an economical way to supply food to your guests. We can stop at a designated wharf during the charter to collect.
- Can tablecloths be provided?
White tablecloths are available for hire at $10 per cloth.
- Can Rosman Cruises arrange entertainment?
Yes. A variety of quality entertainment can be provided for any budget.
- Can I provide my own music?
All vessels are set up with Ipod connectivity to play background music only from the wheelhouse dock. Please bring along a fully charged Ipod with a playlist set up to last the duration of the charter.
- Does Rosman Cruises have speakers and/or equipment that we can use on the vessels?
No. For something more than background music, you will need to provide your own speakers and equipment. There is plenty of household power to plug your equipment into. Please note that household power is not available on Lithgow.
- Where do customers load music?
Musicians/DJs are welcome to load at McMahons Point, but please note that they must use street parking, as the gates to the yard are closed. Also, depending on the tide, it may be difficult to load at McMahons Point because we do not have a floating pontoon, so it may be several ladder steps down to the vessel. Alternately, musicians/DJs can be loaded at the first pick-up at the designated wharf (if you do not want the music to be loaded with your guests, we can make the first pick-up a different location than your guests, then proceed to pick up your guests).
- Can customers decorate the vessel?
Yes, decorators are able to come to our base 1 hour prior to the charter. To maintain the condition of the historic vessel, we have restrictions – only blue tac and string may be used – no cello-tape, thumb tacks, etc.
- Can customers use candles?
No. Open flame is not permitted.
- What wharves can Rosman Cruises pick up from?
Most public wharves in the main harbour area.
- Is there a fee to use the wharves?
Most wharves in the city region incur a wharfage fee from $50 – $90 per docking – in other areas there is usually no fee.
- Can Rosman Cruises pick up from one wharf and set down at another?
- Does Rosman Cruises book the wharves?
There are some wharves that require advanced booking, which we book and apply the wharf fee to your invoice. There are other wharves that do not require advanced booking or have a fee, however we have to dock around the Sydney Ferries timetable.
- How long can Rosman Cruises stay at a wharf?
We are only allowed to be at a wharf for 15 minutes. We are not allowed to place back-to-back bookings at a wharf.
- Are some wharves easier for wheelchair access than others?
Yes. We recommend people in wheelchairs use pontoon wharves.
- Can Rosman Cruises pick up or set down in Manly?
Unfortunately we are unable to go out past the heads and therefore cannot go to Manly.
TRANSFER (NOT A CHARTER)
- Can customers just book a one way transfer?
- Can a short cruise be included during the transfer?
Yes, once the pick-up and set down times are determined, the time in between is allocated for transport time and any other cruising requested.
- My function is on an island. Would it cost more to do several trips during the event in case some people do not want to stay for the full function?
No, our rates are calculated on a time basis, not the number of trips. The only additional cost would be for wharf fees if they are applicable.
- My event is being planned on an island – is Rosman Cruises able to transfer the equipment, etc to set up the function prior to the guests arriving?
Yes, we can provide transport to bump in/bump out. However, Rosman Cruises staff may not be used to set up equipment – their responsibility lies with the vessel.
- Is it possible to transport 500+ guests to a function venue?
Yes, we can either do 2 trips on the one vessel or provide 2 vessels. With all of our 5 vessels together, we can comfortably carry 850 passengers for transport with a maximum of 1,000 passengers.
- Can the wedding ceremony be conducted on the boat?
Yes. Our crew are very familiar with the best locations to conduct the ceremony.
- Is it possible to drop the marriage celebrant at a wharf after the ceremony?
- Does Rosman Cruises provide wedding transport with a short cruise after the wedding ceremony to the reception venue?
Yes, it is an excellent option to fill in the time whilst the bridal party are busy with the photographer and a great way to showcase Sydney Harbour to interstate and overseas visitors.
- Is it possible to pick up the bridal party after they finish with photographers so they can join their guests on board?
Yes, we would need to know an approximate time and which wharf.
- Can drinks be served to the guests during the wedding transport?
Yes. We have BYO and licensed vessels. For a copy of the licensed vessels beverage list, please contact one of our friendly staff.
- The customer is getting married in a park/island – is it possible to have a wet weather option should it rain?
Yes. A pre-arranged option can be organised. A contact number for the vessel and the Operation Manager will be provided and a cut off time will be discussed.
- Is it possible to have the wedding reception on the boat?
Yes. Only Proclaim has table seating for up to 130 guests. The other vessels do not have tables and are more suited to informal weddings.
- Does Rosman Cruises decorate the vessel?
Rosman Cruises provides a wedding ribbon (gratis) upon request, which decorates the bow of the vessel. You are welcome to add any other decorations. Please see the “Decorating” section of the FAQs.
- What time can Wedding Decorators come to the base and decorate the vessel?
The wedding decorators are permitted to come 1 hour before the charter.
- Can the bridal party get on at the base in McMahons Point?
No, customers are not permitted to board at the base due to liability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You can download a PDF version of our Terms and Conditions: