Clark Island – off Darling Point.
In 1789, Lieutenant Ralph Clark, a marine on the First Fleet, tried to cultivate a vegetable garden on this one hectare island. He abandoned the idea when his crops were repeatedly stolen, but the island has been known by his name ever since. Today, the island boasts views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
Clarke Island can be booked for your exclusive use. Availability is from 8am – 8pm during daylight saving, and from 8am until 5pm at other times; seven days a week except from 22 December to 2 January, and Australia Day.
- Wedding ceremonies (max 150 people)
- Wedding receptions (max 150 people)
- Private/corporate lunches (max 150 people, if the event is for over 30 people the island must be booked exclusive)
General facilities: picnic tables, flush toilets, drinking water, venue
Venue facilities: electric power
Electric power: 2x 240 volt 10 amp, 1x 3-phase 20 amp (5-pin). Only available to exclusive hirers of the venue.
- Tents/marquees. Conditions apply
- Commercial catering. Conditions apply.
- No kegs.
- Non-amplified music.
- Commercial wedding photography.
- Personal public address system (for celebrant).
- Maximum 15 are permitted and they must have continuous legs so as not to pierce the turf.
- Amplified/loud music and/or public address systems.
- Candles or other open flames.
- Confetti, rice, petals or similar.
- Vines and other exotic plant material.
- Roping off areas or signs re exclusive event.
- Butterfly releases.
- Pegging or staking items into the ground.
- Depositing ice or iced water on grassed areas.
Please note: For further information regarding island hire visit National Parks Website Phone: (02) 9253 0880 within Sydney, or 13000 PARKS (1300 072 757) for the cost of a local call within Australia (mobiles excluded).
Contact: Mosman (venue information and bookings), Phone: 02 9337 7016 venues; other inquiries 02 9960 6266