Cockatoo Island has a number venues suitable for wedding ceremonies one of the most charming is Biloela lawn (the aboriginal word for “white cockatoo”) Cockatoo Island offers amazing photo opportunities set in an urban backdrop with its historical buildings and machinery.
Sitting high above the cut sandstone cliffs on the crest of Cockatoo Island, Biloela Lawn commands spectacular views across the Sydney Harbour Bridge and city skyline.
Restored to its former glory with beautifully landscaped gardens, the house’s lawn and covered veranda /patio areas are available for functions. An unforgettable setting for a small to medium wedding ceremony and reception, corporate/boardroom lunch/dinner, private function or filming and photography.
Venue capacity: The covered veranda can accommodate up to 80 seated or 100 standing guests. Individual room capacity is available on request.
Toilets: Walk to Public Toilets situated in Building 15 (Male) and Building 6 (Female)
Conditions of hire
- Hours of use: 7am to 7pm
- Due to Heritage listing of venue restrictions may apply
- Special considerations: Red wine and Coca-cola causes irreparable damage to sandstone
- Disabled access: Biloela House does not have wheelchair access onto the wrap around veranda
- Vehicular disabled access to the venue is available by arrangement in advance
- Additional details on Conditions of hire visit the Cockatoo Island website
Enquiries or to book this location visit Cockatoo Island website or phone