The park is on the shores of Sydney Harbour at Darling point with views of the Harbour Bridge to the west and Sydney Heads to the east. McKell Park comprises grassed landscape terraces stepping down to the harbour foreshore and the public ferry wharf.
The Park is often used for wedding ceremonies with its superb Harbour views and manicured gardens surrounded by magnificent mature trees. The Harbour and the well maintained gardens provide a perfect backdrop for any special occasion. It is a great vantage point to view Sydney Harbour activities. The heritage listed Canonbury Cottage is the centrepiece of the Park and is available for hire.
Park gates are open from dawn to dusk (approximately 7:00am – 7:30pm)
- Manicured lawns
- Public toilets
- Sandstone sculptures
- Exotic garden
- Close to the public ferry wharf
Conditions of Hire
- Weddings and private social events are restricted to less than 100 people
- No marquees or wedding arches are permitted
- Wedding bookings limited to 2 hours
- For additional conditions of hire visit Woollahra Council website
Enquiries and bookings through Woollahra Council or phone 02 9391 7000