The 1.5ha Shark Island sits in Sydney Harbour, just 1km from Rose Bay. With its lush grassy areas, picnic shelters and spacious gazebo and amazing 360° views, the island is the perfect place for a special occasion, harbour picnic or to watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race.
Shark Island is available for wedding and function hire.
You can book this venue for your exclusive use. Availability is from 8am to 8pm during daylight saving, and from 8am to 5pm at other times; seven days a week except Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day and Australia Day.
NOTE: if the event is for over 100 people, the island must be booked exclusively.
- Wedding ceremonies (max 100 people, non-exclusive, 500 exclusive)
- Wedding receptions (max 500 people)
- Private/corporate lunches (max 500 people)
- Picnics and barbecues (max 500 people, conditions apply)
Some additional Information:
- Tents/marquees. For exclusive venue hire only. Conditions apply
- Commercial catering. Conditions apply.
- No kegs.
- Non-amplified music.
- Commercial wedding photography.
- For non exclusive wedding ceremonies a maximum of 15 chairs with continuous or rail type legs only.
- Table for signing the wedding certificate.
- Amplified/loud music and/or public address systems.
- Candles or other open flames.
- Confetti, rice, petals or similar.
- Vines and other exotic plant material.
- Roping off areas or signs re exclusive event. For non-exclusive venue hire.
- Butterfly releases.
- Pegging or staking items into the ground.
- Depositing ice or iced water on grassed areas.
- Water balloons and paintball equipment.
- Domestic animals.
Please note: For further information regarding island hire visit National Parks Website Phone: (02) 9253 0880 within Sydney, or 13000 PARKS (1300 072 757) for the cost of a local call within Australia (mobiles excluded).
Contact: Mosman (venue information and bookings),
Phone: 02 9337 7016 venues; other inquiries 02 9960 6266